Parma Tour 2 Day Escape
This package is designed as a short escape to Parma, to savor the excellent cuisine and local products of this area such as Prosciutto and Parmigiano among other excellent specialties. Parma is also a historical and artistic town, very enjoyable and worth a visit.
- $1,041 per person – LOW SEASON: JULY/AUGUST
- $1,064 per person – MID SEASON: MAY/JUNE/SEPT
- $1,092 per person – HIGH SEASON: OCTOBER
Day 1: Benvenuti a Parma
Pick-up at train station in Bologna. Transfer by private car or minibus to hotel in Parma. Arrival and accommodation in hotel. Time at leisure. Dinner at restaurant featuring local cuisine. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Parma
Breakfast at the hotel. At 08.15 Meeting with the guide at the hotel in Parma. Transfer by private transfer, car or minibus. 09.00am Visit to a dairy farm producing Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (only within 09.00 o’clock you have the chance to see the production system). Little tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano and chance to purchase typical products directly from the producer. Transfer back and tour of Parma’s old-town centre: Farnese Theatre, Cathedral, Baptistery, St John’s Church. (Optional= visit to Arturo Toscanini Birth House or of interesting House of Music and House of Sound). Lunch in Parma (typical Verdi haunt). Afternoon, transfer towards the hills, production area of Parma Ham with visit to a Prosciutto di Parma production plant with tasting. Departure to Bologna and drop off at train station (transfer to Florence available at additional cost). Optional: visit to the Torrechiara Castle or to the Fondazione Magnani Rocca villa, garden and amazing paintings gallery.
- One hotel night including breakfast – Hotel Palace Maria Luigia (or similar)
- Private transfer from Bologna to Parma (available private transfer from Florence at additional cost)
- Full day driver and tour guide at disposal on day 2 with drop off at Bologna station (Florence drop off at additional cost)
- Dinner in typical restaurant in Parma
- Entrance fees for Farnese theater, Baptistery during Parma city tour.
- Visit and tasting at Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory
- Visit and tasting at Prosciutto di Parma factory
- Lunch at typical restaurant in Parma